The Lagos waste management authority recently launched the Lagos recycle initiative which is aimed at encouraging the separation of waste from the point of generation for recycling purposes and encourage waste to wealth. The initiative is aimed at:
- Reduce the waste getting to the landfill
- To capture about 50% of recyclables upstream with zero tolerance of scavenging on landfill
- Protect our water bodies and their inhabitants
- Reduce the State Carbon Footprint
- Increase Economic Security by tapping a domestic source of material through the provision of clean/ uncontaminated materials to manufacturing companies
- Encourage the #Zerowaste Campaign.
On this note, the authority is hereby calling the general public for expression of interest as recyclable waste collectors within the state. Interested applicants should click here to register.