Planning Research and Statistics is one of the core units of the agency. The unit enhances the performance of LAWMA through strategic planning research and database management. The department is responsible for the coordination of academic and operational researches and areas where it has excelled.
The department performs the following functions.
• Maintain up to date statistical data (analysis) on waste management as well as creating a reliable data bank as a tool for
projection (global benchmark)
• Maintain up to date directory of all industrial and domestic properties in the state, market, bins location
• Collation and analysis of data on the day to day activities of all departments.
• Monitoring and processing of reports on the activities of all Authority’s Departments, zonal offies and other facilities.
• Providing information required by researchers, investors , Ministry of Environment and other related Agencies.